Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Halfway...WHOA!

It is already half way over and I can’t believe it! I had a busy weekend in the township near Delmas and working on Ebenezer Farm. I got to experience the country side of South Africa for the first time and a lot of the same emotions I had in Haiti arouse in my heart. From the poverty to the children and wild animals in the streets, it all was very similar. It is hard to think that most of the students I am sharing the Gospel with grew up in areas just like this. It was good for us as a team to see and realize that money isn’t the issue, but the lack of discipleship, a lack of the great commission going forth in these areas.
I do not want to jump ahead of myself. I have met women that grew up very differently; more similar to how I was raised. I met a girl named Sonette who is Afrikkans (white South African) the first week here. Note that there are no Afrikkan believers in our ministry here in South Africa and the divide is still very much here, but Sonette and her sister Natasha were different. At our first weekly meeting, Sonette and I talked about Romans 6:23 and what it meant to have a relationship with Jesus. Very interested, I saw her hungry for more and wanting to know Jesus in an intimate way. 2 weeks pass and I see changes in Sonette’s life and her desire for knowing God and meeting with him in prayer and in his word. I ask her where she feels like she is at spiritually and with confidence she professes she knows Jesus and wants to live a life telling people who God is. WOW… I was completely amazed at God’s pursuit of her and his dedication to her salvation.
We serve a BIG God! So far Sonette , Natasha, Thando, and Tebogo have committed to attending the Unashamed Camp we are hosting July 5-7th. Please be praying for eight more women from Sunny Side to commit to the Camp and also for ten more professions of faith amongst all the women we are connected to in both Sunny Side and Jubilee Resident Halls.
Ek is lief vir jou! (I love you in Afrikkans!!)
Genesis 31:49

No comments:

Post a Comment