Saturday, May 21, 2011

Exciting Times

Here are some exciting updates since I last was online.
Thursday we had orientation to the Cross Cultural Project, toured Witz campus, found out our ministry partners and also the resident hall we will be going into to share the claims of Christ. I will be going to Sunny Side Girl Res Hall with Miss Alyssa Walter from IUPUI. We are excited to work together and feel so blessed to have the next 8 weeks to grow also as sisters in Christ. During our time in orientation, we learned that their theme for the school year is “BE”… Be what God has called us to be. They pulled this from Philippians 2:1-16. If you have a chance you should check this passage out. I have decided to memorize it in the next couple of days because I see the impact it can have on my mind and heart as I allow it to penetrate more of me every day.
On Friday we had some extra time to go and get cell phones because we found that they are only R69 which is $10!!! Being without a cell phone has shown me how dependent I am on my phone and how I go to it at times for comfort instead of going to Jesus.  Friday night our team hosted a Braai (Bar-B-Que) which is very attractive for Witz students especially when they do not have to pay! It was an amazing time to see God work and move in students Hearts. I met many women that I couldn’t even try to type their names! One guy at the Braai actually professed Christ. His name is Valentine, so please be praying for him.
Saturday I got to experience a REAL soccer game as we watched the Orlando Pirates take the championship for their league. I cannot wait to put pictures up because it was a party like I have never seen before. Everyone in the stands rushed the field and of course, our guys had to join. The CO (Campus Outreadch) guys and girls from Atlanta decied to stay back as did us girls from CO Indy which was best because the security came into action and brought out the mase to get the crowd back to their seats.  I got to experience the city of Seweto which is a much poorer town than Johannesburg.  You could see that their worship was Soccer and their hope was only in that game. I hope to return to Seweto and have more interactions with the community. Just think, through one man or woman coming to know the riches of Jesus Chrsit, that whole city could be changed! Wow... just somthing to think about as you drive by the fifteen churches on your way to work. Well until next time... Genesis 31:49  

No comments:

Post a Comment